Low on time, and wanting to cram in as much Seoul as possible? Check out Seoullo 7017 for a glimpse of Seoul’s past, present, and future, while walking by some of city’s top attractions and shopping districts.
Seoullo 7017: What you need to know
What started off as an overpass for Seoul’s busy highways has now become one of the city center’s main attractions and the latest example of Seoul’s efforts at urban renewal. Taking its name from the year the elevated road was built (1970) and the year it was reborn as a green-filled pedestrian walkway (2017), Seoullo 7017 gives the Seoul Station area a pleasing new lease of life for locals and visitors alike.
Fun, facilities, and services
In addition to nice views of downtown Seoul, Seoullo 7017 is a great jumping off point to various nearby attractions such as:
• Tourist Information booths, providing visitors with all kinds of useful resources to help them get around the city
• Cafes (including the Seoullo Travellers’ Cafe – an outdoor tourist information center and cafe)
• A variety of restaurants serving popular Korean dishes and desserts such as bibimbap, kimbap, and bingsu
• The official Seoullo 7017 gift shop, where you just might find that memento of your visit you’ve been looking for!
• Popular nearby shopping districts such as Namdaemun and Myeong-dong
So whether you’ve been to Seoul before or are coming here for the first time, why not start your journey at Seoullo 7017 – a great way to start your Seoul adventures?
Read more about the Seoullo 7017 project at the Seoullo official website here.